Saturday, May 13, 2017

welcome to the world

Meet Ruby Mae! 

Today, she is exactly one week old. It has been an eventful week to say the least-- probably the most eventful week of my entire life. Sometimes, this thought hits me out of the blue: I am a mother now. Holy cow. All I can ask is this: why do we make people take tests for getting a driver's license or food handler's permit but not for motherhood? Sheesh. I have no idea what I am doing all of the time, but we are getting by somehow (and with a lot of help from grandma who is staying with us for the next seven weeks). 

We are so in love with Ruby and are doing our best to adjust to her presence in our lives and household. I will write later all about my experience giving birth in Taiwan, but for now all I can say is that for all of my doubts and worries, my experience exceeded my expectations. 

And now, you can just soak in the cuteness that is Ruby Mae. 


4 comments

  1. Congratulations on your new beautiful baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and enjoy this special time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie! She is SO beautiful. I can't wait to watch her grow up:)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin