Monday, April 17, 2017

a gathering of friends

Yesterday, I had my second baby shower. This one was planned by my friends instead of my school. There were only 10 of us, but it was perfect. There was bean dip, spinach dip, chocolate cake, blueberry scones, chocolate chip walnut cookies, fruit, popcorn, and so many other delicious things. I had been looking forward to this day for months, literally. It was the day I gave myself permission to just eat what I want and enjoy my friends, so that's exactly what I did.

My friend did such a good job decorating her apartment! Seriously. Just look! I stole all the decorations and brought them home for Ruby's nursery.

My other friends spoiled me with the cutest baby clothes and most delicious smelling body products and even more delicious tasting treats. I felt once again so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful and generous people who are just as excited as I am about Ruby.

And I just heard back from my husband-- baby shower #3 is planned for next Wednesday. His students' parents are throwing us a party in the middle of the school day.

While I am exhausted from work and have an aching back & feet, it makes me feel a lot better to be part of such an awesome community that is so excited for us and our upcoming adventure!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin